This service is a base level network monitoring and transport incident management service. This service includes the support of the remote sites only and does not include monitoring or management of the headend device(s) and associated transport proactively.
Upon Notification of a device, site or transport issues causing alarm, the NOC will:
- Create a trouble ticket.
- Provide verbal and/or electronic notification to client/end-user of the outage including: time of outage, scope of outage, and potential outage duration (when possible).
- Conduct diagnostic tests to isolate communication failures to include, but not limited to:
- Isolate cause of outage; transport, device or site.
- If the NOC determines a problem is with the primary transport connection, the NOC will:
- Check to see if the back-up, secondary link has established connectivity. If not, the NOC will notify client/end-user.
- Open a Ticket with the transport provider to initiate repair actions
- Assist in the repair as required by the transport provider (testing, checking interface status)
- Escalate to appropriate technical and/or management chain, including client/end-user and transport provider, if problem is not resolved within specified time periods
- Once notified of repair of the transport, the NOC will test for NMS visibility, run diagnostic tests to verify stability, and verify with client/end-user that applications are up and running before closing ticket. If monitoring is required, the NOC will keep the ticket open until satisfied that network is stable.
- Notify the client/end-user that the transport problem is repaired
- Close ticket, noting the date and time closed, problem resolution description, and the current status